Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #7827 by Stephen Ryan
Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st was created by Stephen Ryan
We are going to hold a Race Training Day on Sunday 21st at Corkagh Park.

This will be for members who may never have raced and would like to try it in a controlled environment or are relatively inexperienced and want to practice the circuit without getting shelled out after 2 laps.

We are thinking it may be of interest to people who don' t hold race licenses such as Leisure cyclists, people who may only have done a handful of club league events and Youths but all are welcome. it is open to male and female cyclists

If you have never been there it is a dedicated cycle track out near Newlands cross, about 1.1k around with a slightly uphill finishing straight.

Experienced racers Dick O'Brien , Valdis Andersons and Bryan Geary will be on hand to give you practical advice on the course, how to find your line in a corner, when to unleash your sprint up the back straight and anything else you would like to know. They will also be giving on track advice during some races.

Depending on numbers ,weather etc the plan is to run an individual time trial for each cyclist, Italian pursuit (mixed teams) competition followed by Youths, Women and Men handicap races.

We have the track booked from 10:00, with the first event penciled in for 10.30. Sign on (which is mandatory for all participants) by 10.20.

Tea and coffee will be provided.

As we have no idea how many will be interested , could you post below if you think you might be along to give us some indication.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Stephen Ryan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Bryan Geary, Aishling O'Connor, Colin Caesar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7828 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
stick me down for it. Sounds like fun. Looking forward to it
Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7829 by Aishling O'Connor
Replied by Aishling O'Connor on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
im up for it ! :)

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7830 by Colin Caesar
Replied by Colin Caesar on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Sounds like fun. I should be along

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7832 by John Blennerhassett
Replied by John Blennerhassett on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Count me in and thanks for organising

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7833 by Paul Walsh
Replied by Paul Walsh on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Hi Stephen. I'm on for it.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7834 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
This is a great idea. I won't be able to make it and am super jealous of everybody who will!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7835 by Diarmuid Donnelly
Replied by Diarmuid Donnelly on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Great idea. I'm in.
Diarmuid.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7839 by Bryan Geary
Replied by Bryan Geary on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Should be great craic, glad to help out and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks for organising Stephen !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan, Colin Caesar

More
10 years 1 week ago #7856 by Gerry O'Connor
Replied by Gerry O'Connor on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Sounds like fun. Count me in

More
10 years 2 days ago #7920 by Garret Connolly
I have no idea where the park is or how to get there but looking to meet up with anyone cycling out to it at Yellow House for 9am. Anyone interested?? If someone who knew the way out to it could come that would be fab!

More
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #7924 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Hi Gareth & others

It is just off the M7 after the Green Isle hotel - before you get to Browns Barn .

By bike (from yellow house) ,head for the Embankent and take the right turn immediately after the turn left that takes you on to the N81 where you start thinking crap I'm at the front again. That road (R136) goes up to the M7 , cross it and take the road back into town parallel to M7 - marked Camac camping park &/or Corkagh Park. [ alternatively head for Belgard Road and its straight up there to the M7 at Newland crosss, go across and then left on Boot Road to St Johns drive, past the green Isle and you're there)

Coming from town - I'd go straight out the Long mile Road or from your place in particular , the Naas Road towards the M7 - you get shoved off at Newlands Cross . Go across M7 , down towards Clondalkin and then Boot Road /St Johns Drive

By car - keep on the M7 till I think the 2nd exit after Newlands Cross; its clearly marked Corkagh park - if you get to City West you're too far.

There is a car park beside the bike track - entrance is right beside the Camac caravan park . If its not open when you get there park on the road.

The weather forecast is good . so hopefully we'll get a good crowd . All welcome.
Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by Stephen Ryan.

More
10 years 2 days ago #7925 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
I'm usually coming from closer to town and this is the route I take:
ridewithgps.com/routes/6035203
It looks a little roundabout, but it avoids the Naas Road and the roadworks at Newlands Cross and skirts around Clondalkin Village.

If I was coming from further south, I'd consider going via Tallaght maybe up the Belgard Road.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 15 hours ago #7930 by Diarmuid Donnelly
Replied by Diarmuid Donnelly on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Here's another option to get there, starting from Joe's, passing the Yellow House, through Templeogue and joining up with Dick's route at the Long Mile Road: www.strava.com/routes/961988. I'm suggesting that on the basis that I hate that journey across from Firhouse to Jobstown to Kingswood, so it's just another option.
I might be on for cycling over Sunday morning from Joe's and Yellow House, will confirm closer to the time.

Cheers,
Diarmuid.
Last edit: 10 years 15 hours ago by Diarmuid Donnelly. Reason: Mixed up Sat and Sun

More
10 years 2 days ago #7934 by John Anslow
Replied by John Anslow on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Stephen
What time do you envisage that this will run to?
Would love to give it a go but got a prior engagement in Croke Park later that afternoon.

More
10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #7935 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Hi John,

Depends on the numbers. With a full house (20 to 30 range) we will finish by 13:00, if its only the people who are listed above we will be finished by 12 . You are free to leave anytime and conversely there is unlikely to be anyone coming on after us so we can stay if the interest is still there, But my best guess and what I would hope for is sometime between 12 and 1

Hope to see you there .

Stephen
Last edit: 10 years 1 day ago by Stephen Ryan.

• Conor Montague
10 years 1 day ago #7943 by Conor Montague
Replied by Conor Montague on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
Hi Stephen
I hope to come along too. I took part in the club league a few years ago, but family commitments took over before the Corkagh track was opened, so this opportunity would be great. I didn't get to participate in any of the club's leisure events for the past few years, so I'm rusty!
Thanks for organising this,
Conor

More
10 years 17 hours ago #7944 by Garret Connolly
Hi all

I'm definitely going out to this but am not familiar at all with any of the roads over to the park. I'm planning on leaving Yellow House at 915am and then head over but would appreciate anyone heading over that knows the way to come along too otherwise we're going by mapmyride etc.

See you all at 915 at Yellow House. All welcome, whatever pace as we'll be going over nice and slow

Garret

More
10 years 16 hours ago #7945 by Bryan Geary
Replied by Bryan Geary on topic Race Training Day @ Corkagh Park Sun 21st
I'll see you all over there, i'm familiar with the route out. We'll get suitably warmed up before race start !

More
9 years 11 months ago #7948 by Garret Connolly
great stuff Bryan...see you in the morning
garret

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds