2013 Orwell AGM - 7th October, Milltown

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #5497 by Brian Mc
2013 Orwell AGM - 7th October, Milltown was created by Brian Mc
The Orwell club AGM will take place next Monday 7th October, in our usual venue in the Jesuit Conference Centre in Milltown Park (goo.gl/maps/XfyGp) at 7.00pm.

Items already on the agenda:

1 Club committee. The following committee positions are being vacated:
- leisure rep
- club kit co-ordinator
- racing co-ordinator
- social co-ordinator

Thanks to Denis, John T, Diarmuid and Anne for their sterling efforts over the last year and beyond! Nominations for the above positions will be taken up to and at the meeting. Please send notice of any interested candidates to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. If you'd like to get more involved in the running of the club, now is the opportunity!

2 League committee. Extra bodies for the league committee are also being sought, to lighten the load of the existing members. The more people willing to sit out a couple of races to organise instead, the less races each individual has to miss. If you have suggestions for improving the league, this is your chance to change it for the better!

Update: Ciara is stepping down from the league committee - big thanks for her work in 2013 - and will need to be replaced. Nominations welcome as per the above procedure.

3 Club motions. Club members may submit motions up until midnight on Sunday 6th. That gives us time to put it on the agenda - if it's not in, it won't be discussed. Again, please email any motions to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

4 CI motions. We don't have details of these yet, but hope to see them this week. We'll decide how to vote on each motion at our own AGM, and club reps will carry that to the CI AGM on 26th October.

5 CI board members. The positions of president and three board members are up for grabs at the CI AGM, and the club needs to decide who to vote for.

6 New membership system. CI is launching an online system through which club members to register and pay fees. This means the club will not be handling any cash, and saves an absolute tonne of work for the likes of our dedicated treasurer John Lanigan, and those handling membership forms like Paraic Morrissey and Dave Mc. We'll talk through it, and everyone can ask any questions they have then.

With the new system, there isn't any need for the usual membership night, but instead we'll have an info night, where members can come to ask about the league or any random queries. This will happen on November 4th, after the system goes live on November 1st.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5498 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic 2013 AGM - 7th October, Milltown
Will the info night be in Sin É?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diarmuid Collins

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #5505 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic 2013 AGM - 7th October, Milltown
Update: Ciara is stepping down from the league committee - big thanks for her work in 2013 - and will need to be replaced. Nominations welcome as per the above procedure.

Will the info night be in Sin É?

Only if you promise to save me a dance! ;)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Brian Mc.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5509 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic 2013 Orwell AGM - 7th October, Milltown
Don't forget this is on tonight!

Orwell AGM 2013 Agenda

Minutes of 2012 AGM
President's address
Treasurer's report
Secretary's report
PRO's report

Election of officers
President (Dave Tansey)
Membership Sec. (Paraic Morrissey)
Event Secretary (Dave McLoughlin)
Treasurer (John Lanigan)
PRO (Brian McArdle)
League reps:
Eddy Lane, Damien Long, Ciara Kinch (outgoing)
Leisure rep (Denis Gleeson, outgoing)
Youth rep (Jeni Sheridan)
Women's rep (Louise Nicholls)
Track rep (Eddie Lynch)
Social rep (Anne Dalton, outgoing)
Sponsorship co-ordinator (Ian Mellor)
Child Protection (Kathryn Keogh)
Racing reps:
Mags Donnelly, Diarmuid Collins (outgoing)
Club kit (John Twomey, outgoing)

Items for discussion
New CI/ Orwell online membership system
Club league review
CI AGM and presidency

Also of note, the remaining club league deposits will be at the AGM tonight for anyone who wants to collect it there.

The last of the old club kit will also be at the AGM, and Dave Mc doesn't plan to bring any of it back, so it's all got to go, regardless of price.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5510 by Brian Mc
I'll post a full report in a bit, but for now, the committee for 2014 is below, with changes emboldened.

President: Dave Tansey
M'ship Sec: Paraic Morrissey
Event Sec: Dave Mc
Treasurer: John Lanigan
PRO: Brian Mc
League Reps: Eddy Lane, Damien Long, Paul Tansey, Jeni Sheridan, Denis Gleeson, Paul Brosnan, David Hendron, with assistance from Dick O'Brien and Brian Mc
Leisure Rep: Stephen Ryan
Youth Rep: Jeni Sheridan
Women's Rep: Louise Nicholls and Nicole Bork
Track Rep: David Hendron
Social Rep: Rachel Glendon
Sponsorship Co-ordinators: Neal Hudson and Sandra Telford
Child Protection: Kathryn Keogh
Racing Reps: Mags Donnelly, Denis Gleeson
Club Kit: Stephen Ryan

Thanks to all those who attended tonight, and to the outgoing committee members, and best of luck to the incoming committee!

More
10 years 11 months ago #5511 by Brian Mc
And apologies to those who read the 7pm notice, my mistake.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5513 by Brian Mc
I'm glad Declan posted in here, or it'd just look like I'm very lonely.

Report at www.orwellwheelers.org/news-and-events/542-2013-agm-report.html

Please note these are not the minutes, but a general report. Questions about any of the motions can be asked in here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garret Connolly

More
10 years 11 months ago #5549 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic 2013 Orwell AGM - 7th October, Milltown
We were asked on the night about a breakdown of the membership, which neither myself or Paraic had accurate figures on to hand, so here is a more complete breakdown:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Declan Quigley, Paul Brosnan, Stephen Ryan

More
10 years 11 months ago #5553 by Valdis Andersons
Replied by Valdis Andersons on topic 2013 Orwell AGM - 7th October, Milltown
Hi Dave,

I think the UCI code on the CI license might not be the best indicator for a breakdown of countires. Mine says IRL while I did select LAT (Latvia) when ordering the license last year. I'm guessing some more might have a similar situation with their UCI codes.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds