CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5

More
10 years 3 months ago #6677 by Brian Mc
CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5 was created by Brian Mc
The updated spreadsheet is on the front page now - if you're a recent joiner, or have been reinstated, please check your rostered slot.

Sign-on
Closes at 18.50, it's in the usual rather anonymous lay-by near the M3: goo.gl/maps/WFn7I

As always, be considerate where you park, don't block anyone's drive or the roadway.

Course
I haven't heard from the organisers which route we'll do, probably the Mullagh (www.strava.com/segments/710884), might be the Green Sheds (www.strava.com/segments/681417). Listen up on the start line.

Upgrades
Bryan Geary SS->S

Marshals
Bring a car if you can, or a bike at least. Don't arrive up with no means of getting to your marshalling point. Be at sign-on for 6.30pm for the pre-race briefing.

Have a look at www.orwellwheelers.org/racing/league#marshalling for info on what's expected of you. Remember, be polite and courteous at all times - you have no legal power to stop traffic, only to ask people to please stop.

If you don't show, you'll be automatically suspended from the league. It's up to you to get a replacement! If you're subbing for someone else, print your name on the sheet to make sure you get your points.

Gavin Moutray
Graham Scanlon
Greg Farrell
Ian Cullen
Ian Mellor
Ian O'Keeffe
Ivan O'Brien
James Magann
James Olsen
Jamie Busher
Jeffrey Hoare
Jim Carey
Joe Chester
John Latham
John McElligott
John Sower
John Twomey
Jp Flynn
Jules Cantwell
Jules De Meester
Julian Moore
Darragh Sheeran

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Greg O Donnell
10 years 3 months ago #6708 by Greg O Donnell
Replied by Greg O Donnell on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
Odd one, as normally marshall swaps as the other way but I'll put this out there anyway.

I'm still banged up after last weeks crash and therefore it's unlikely that I will be taking part in the weeks race.

Given that, I am happy to take someones marshal slot if they want to swap. I am down to do marshal on 19th June (Sally Gap CP) so if anyone wants to swap the marshall from one to the other let me know.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6714 by John Lanigan
Replied by John Lanigan on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
Just to confirm that the plan is to use the Green Sheds Circuit this evening.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dick O'Brien, Bernard English

• Darragh Sheeran
10 years 3 months ago #6718 by Darragh Sheeran
Replied by Darragh Sheeran on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
Tonight's finish line video.

vimeo.com/m/96847893

More
10 years 3 months ago #6719 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
And as can be seen in the above, Brian Ahern showed that despite all the 3am feedings, he's still got a great finish.

1 Brian Ahern
2 Pat O'Brien
3 David Halpin
4 Bryan Geary
5 Gavin Dodd
6 Stephen Barry

Well done to John Lanigan for setting such a great handicap, and to the Limit group for working so well together - they were only caught with about 2.5km to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavin Dodd, Stephen Barry

More
10 years 3 months ago #6720 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
And while Brian Ahern might have taken first prize tonight, I took the Strava KOM for the Green Sheds circuit. So I'm either the moral victor, or a massive Fred.

Don't mention the socks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fionn Sheridan

More
10 years 3 months ago #6721 by Kilian Doyle
Replied by Kilian Doyle on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
That was a great race, thanks to all for organising and marshalling it. It may be the adrenaline talking, but I reckon us Limit riders should be proud of ourselves - we nearly made it.. Next time, eh?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel McElroy, Bernard Sellars

More
10 years 3 months ago #6724 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
Well done to all on a good race last night - a good handicap set up and fast and safe riding by all.
Especially well done to the placers - I don't know how you mustered up a proper sprint after such a hard chase....I couldn't even get out of the saddle!

Liam

More
10 years 3 months ago #6726 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
Yeah that was a savage little race. Exceptionally good co-operation from the chasers to close down such a large handicap. I'm still wrecked.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6727 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic CL 2014 R9 - Black Bull Road Race 29/5
Thanks a mill to John Lanigan, Damien Long and all the marshals for putting on such a great race.

Fair play to the limit group. We had to ride like absolute madmen, right from the gun, to make the catch.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds